Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blueberry Power!

I didn't get the chance to actually post on Labor Day, but I did do some cooking! While waiting for my older sibling to come home from Madison for the holiday I made some blueberry muffins.

Ingredients:
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed
Topping:
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Personally, I find it easier to just toss in all the dry ingredients first and then the liquid ones. So I kind of jump around a lot while following a recipe. Fortunately, muffins and cookies don't really have a specific order. Just throw all the ingredients in and mix them together.

Now, I really don't like fruit in my desserts, so when I started making blueberry muffins I was a bit hesitant and thinking that I wouldn't eat any and just make them for everyone else.

We were out of spray for the pan, but little decorative cups are a nice substitute. Especially since you can easily pull them out of the pan when they're done cooking and place them on the rack. No spray, no knife, no burns, no waste.

Oven should be preheated to 375. Muffins can cook for 20-25 minutes or until a light brown.

You should be able to make a little over two dozen. (I was able to make twenty seven muffins.) But it really depends on how much batter you put in each cup.

Wait a little while for muffins to cool off then eat them plain (though they taste anything but) with a cup of milk or with some butter.

And there you go! Some of the best muffins I've ever had, and I made them! I never thought I'd be cooking anything edible, let alone delicious.

1 comment: